Site Admin
Site Admin

:

Items
Mainly all Afghan era items.

M88 Afghanka (50-4, 1987 Dated)

M88 (Glass Fabric) (52-3, 1990 Dated)

Soviet Gorka (50-2, 1989 Dated)

Summer OKZK Uniform & Full face covering hat (48-3, 1980 Dated uniform, 1983 dated hat)

He-Be (50-4, 1982 Dated)

Soviet VDV Jump Suit (50-4, 1967 Dated)

Soviet VDV Jump Suit (50-4, 1984 Dated)

Winter Afghanka (50-4, 1989 Dated)

OKZK-D VDV Winter Chemical Uniform (50-3, 1989 Dated)

Soviet Officer VDV Cut Winter Weight TTsKO (48-4, 1991 Dated)

KZS (Size 2, 1985 Dated)

KLMK (Size 2, 1987 Dated)

Two Piece KLMK (Size 50-3, 1989 Dated)

Soviet KGB PV Spetsodezhda (52-5, 1988 Dated)

TTsKO Tanker Cut (50-3, 1993 Dated)

Grey Soviet Tanker Cut (52-5, 1992 Dated, made in Bryansk, seen in Nagorno Karabakh)
staborama
New User

:

Items
Very nice sets!

Seeing that you've got a varied selection of sizes, what's your impression of the uniformity of Soviet cut and sizing? Are they generally very accurate? In particular the waist measurements? It's not a problem making do with a tighter or looser jacket, but if the waist doesn't fit that's gonna be a major disaster.

Reason I'm asking is that from all the sizing charts I've checked, a size 50-x waist fits up to only 82 cm (32"), but according to one seller he claims that the M88 size 50-4 would fit up to 90 cm (35 1/2") waist. Would that be due to discrepancies in cut and for his particular example, the waist is somehow larger?
Conscript
Site Admin
Site Admin

:

Items
They are extremely accurate as far as far as uniforms go. The soviet sizing regulations are very easy to follow and generally make alot of sense.

There might be tiny discrepancies between different factories, but generally the sizing is precise. I've fitted into most of my uniforms and sufficed to say the least, all of my 50-4 uniforms fit like they should.

On the pants there are two cloth straps that button down to make the pants tighter. Perhaps the seller didn't exactly measure the uniform, as I do not see how a 50-4 could fit a person with a near 36 inch waist, you would have to step up to 52 for that.
parafal
New User

:

Items
Really nice collection , i'll post the ones i have as soon as i can.
staborama
New User

:

Items
Conscript wrote:
They are extremely accurate as far as far as uniforms go. The soviet sizing regulations are very easy to follow and generally make alot of sense.

There might be tiny discrepancies between different factories, but generally the sizing is precise. I've fitted into most of my uniforms and sufficed to say the least, all of my 50-4 uniforms fit like they should.

On the pants there are two cloth straps that button down to make the pants tighter. Perhaps the seller didn't exactly measure the uniform, as I do not see how a 50-4 could fit a person with a near 36 inch waist, you would have to step up to 52 for that.

Comrade, thank you. Good to know that Soviet uniform sizing were accurate, I'd trust you over any seller claiming a size 50 would fit a 35" waist. Given the benefit of the doubt, perhaps it was actually mis-stamped, but that's not a risk I'm willing to take.

Regarding sleeve/trouser/torso lengths, from what I've gathered, is it true that the measurements were scaled proportionately to the sizes? Let's say for your build and height you fit a 50-4 perfectly, can a 52-3 (being a bit looser) be still suitable for your height as well? Or would the sleeves and trousers be too short?

Perfect example would be how both your M88 Afghankas fit on you. Would you say both fit ok?
Conscript
Site Admin
Site Admin

:

Items
52-3 and 50-3 fit me fine also, but my preferred fit is 50-4. You can tell when a uniform fits you right, leggings end right where they should be, pants aren't too tight, etc...
davis

:

Items
The mian difference between the two services is the quality of the answeres. In yahoo's service anyone can come in and give their ideas or thoughts for almost anything. googles service is geared more towards academic or research demographics. Rather than people posting questions just for the heck of it, people use google to actually find out information that they are not able to find themselves. I have used the service for some of my research papers in school and found that for a little cash, google was able to help me out of some tough times.
=========
Excavation contractors
My current Afghan era uniform collection