Swords and Sunflowers Forum Index Swords and Sunflowers
A forum for fans of Samurai Champloo

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in          Games  Calendar

NEWS:
Aruarian Dance Score (by gedtag)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Swords and Sunflowers Forum Index -> Champloo--the music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
roadkill
Dokugan Pirate

:

Items

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 11:39 am    Post subject: Aruarian Dance Score (by gedtag) Reply with quote

Found some Samurai Champloo sheet music at last... Aruarian Dance here (last two posts) and also here.

Last edited by roadkill on Sun Sep 25, 2005 6:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Sushi Champloo
Yakuza

:

Items

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aww man, no piano Razz heheh oh well, i wish i could play guitar.. Rolling Eyes
roadkill
Dokugan Pirate

:

Items

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh. I can only play the violin and the percussion parts which, uh, look like fun to play alone. Not.

I'm trying to transcribe Mystline for piano but so far I can only play the few repeating phrases on the RH with the CD player. Go me. Rolling Eyes

Somebody please transcribe something for the piano. Because I suck. Crying or Very sad
lotus seed
Yamabushi Mama

:

Items

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oohh, cool! Now I'm glad I didn't sell my guitar. I'm printing out the 2nd link - thanks, Roadkill!! Very Happy

I thought for about 2 minutes about transcribing the piano part for "Obokuri-Eemui" - but without the nifty software and midi keyboard I'd have to do it long-hand, which would surely make me crazy Confused
KungFuFighter
Beatbox Bandit

:

Items

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's cool!

Is there sheet music for any of the other songs on the 4 soundtracks? Confused

roadkill
Dokugan Pirate

:

Items

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After scouring some of the larger anime sheet music sites like Josh's, Ichigo's, and Gamingforce Interactive forums, this is the only one I've found so far. Transcribers don't seem to be very fond of hip-hop...
lotus seed
Yamabushi Mama

:

Items

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
aww man, no piano heheh oh well, i wish i could play guitar..

Hey Sushichamploo, I just printed out the conductor's score to see how much of it could be played on the piano.

IF you're feeling up to reading 4 bars, or transcribing them into 2, play the guitar with your right hand, and fudge the flute, 1st and 2nd violin with your left. You may have to go down an octave or something, but the notes are all correct. As for key signature, it's all in A (3 sharps) so disregard the key sigs for the non-guitar parts (strings might not tuned in the key of C, or at least that's what I think because it didn't sound right with the key sigs given). It's actually very pretty, I especially liked the flute accompaniament parts.
roadkill
Dokugan Pirate

:

Items

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I just printed out the conductor's score to see how much of it could be played on the piano.

Aha. I tried it with your instructions. Smile It's different, and sounds a bit repetitive since it's not as varied as an ensemble, but it is real pretty all the same. How do you play the right hand though? The notes are kinda far apart and my semiquavers sound awkward at original tempo.

Maybe I should show the score to my school's music department. I want to hear it live!
lotus seed
Yamabushi Mama

:

Items

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I rolled the chords, and didn't even attempt semiquavers - they just don't sound as delicate on piano as they would on a string instrument, IMHO.

The fingers on my left hand just can't take anymore abuse today. I don't play guitar enough to have good callouses, but melody sounds so beautiful on it.
KungFuFighter
Beatbox Bandit

:

Items

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

roadkill wrote:
Transcribers don't seem to be very fond of hip-hop...

I was thinking more along the lines of "Mystline" and "Sincerely."

Those are some of my favorite songs. Very Happy

gedtag
Heike Zombie

:

Items

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! This thread really made my day! There are people "advertising" my transcription! It's funny how I found this site, I randomly decided to search for "gedtag" in google, and this site showed up.

Quote:
strings might not tuned in the key of C, or at least that's what I think because it didn't sound right with the key sigs given

Well that's because everything is in concert pitch (F# major in this case) except the guitar. The reason is originally the guitar is a C instrument, right? But since it was detuned, it had to be in the key of what it's detuned to. I hope that made any sense.

Quote:
Somebody please transcribe something for the piano

I could...but I think it would sound strange. If I arranged this piece for the piano so that it's easier to play and "made for" the piano (without the huge jumps, etc), it would sound like a totally different piece, would it not? Hmm, I'd have to think about it.
lotus seed
Yamabushi Mama

:

Items

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, cool Gedtag, I can thank you more personally for the guitar transcription. Excellent work! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
gedtag
Heike Zombie

:

Items

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Excellent work!

Thank you very much! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
roadkill
Dokugan Pirate

:

Items

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey there gedtag! Thanks for the transcription! It's awesome (and touching -- it's the first and only Champloo transcription!). Sorry, I should've asked you earlier about posting links here, but... hindsight. I'm glad you're not offended. ^^;

You're right, the melody for Aruarian Dance is specifically written for the guitar and wouldn't sound right on any other instrument, adn certainly not the piano. Actually, like kungfufighter I'm thinking of other tracks like Mystline and Sincerely, and perhaps Obokori Eemui. I've posted a request for Mystline on Ichigo's but it's been ignored thus far, so how about it? No pressure there if you don't want to do it. Wink
gedtag
Heike Zombie

:

Items

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

roadkill wrote:

I'm thinking of other tracks like Mystline and Sincerely, and perhaps Obokori Eemui. I've posted a request for Mystline on Ichigo's but it's been ignored thus far, so how about it? No pressure there if you don't want to do it. Wink

Can you give me a mp3 of Obokori Eemui? I'd like to hear it first.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Swords and Sunflowers Forum Index -> Champloo--the music All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: