Axe-FX Forum IndexAxe-FX
Axe-FX users & friends community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in            Calendar

NEWS:
Axe Fx Live in Video from Red Rocks

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tedge
Sumerian Axe
Sumerian Axe

:

Items

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 5:07 pm    Post subject: Axe Fx Live in Video from Red Rocks Reply with quote

I finally got a few songs edited to video.

This is the same song that I posted a couple weeks back. This time with a bit more guitar in the mix and better drum treatment etc. What you hear is ALL Axe Fx. There is an AC 30 on the stage but it's just for the stage mix.

I'll post a couple more over the next few days as I render them so that they fit on the web.

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=31ABC7716EF2D512
javajunkie
Labrys
Labrys

:

Items

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very cool. you gotta love that huge crowd!
Scott Peterson
Labrys
Labrys

:

Items

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Outstanding!

(*Now wondering why I don't get into a tribute band; man that looks like fun!)

My Website
My MySpace Music Site
mwc2112
Firefighter Axe
Firefighter Axe

:

Items

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent!!!
scarr
Scary Axe Mod
Scary Axe Mod

:

Items

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was cool! I honestly think the guitar sounded the best and the most accurate of everything there. You're really doing a spectacular job with it!

Ki Square
Axe-Fx Wiki <- Has answers
Tedge
Sumerian Axe
Sumerian Axe

:

Items

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scarr wrote:
That was cool! I honestly think the guitar sounded the best and the most accurate of everything there. You're really doing a spectacular job with it!

Thanks.... it just takes putting in the time to tweak it just right to get the tones.

Each song takes maybe 5-10 minutes to learn to play and then about 2-3 hours to get the rig to sound right. After that I'm constantly making small changes as I change my mind about what each patch should sound like from show to show.
javajunkie
Labrys
Labrys

:

Items

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scarr wrote:

You should have heard it there, it was absolutely hug.
Tedge
Sumerian Axe
Sumerian Axe

:

Items

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott Peterson wrote:
Outstanding!

(*Now wondering why I don't get into a tribute band; man that looks like fun!)

Scott ... honestly it's great fun if you try to do a professional job and don't take it too seriously.

Couple of things to consider though

Make sure that the band that youre tributing has a wide following. It would be a hard road to be doing a band with a limited catalog and only one or two hits.
Think Beatles, Stones, Zep, Floyd etc. Ours works because U2 is SO popular that folks can't get enough of the real thing in between thier tours. U2 also has a couple of characters (Bono and Edge) that are instantly recognizable as a visual.

I think of the whole thing like playing a character in a Broadway production .... it's not me ... I'm supposed to play a character. Some "serious" musicians don't get that distinction and will give you grief for not playing originals or whatever. Ok Whatever .... tell em They can go starve playing for 10 myspace friends at the local pub.

There is nothing easy about doing this. You still have to sell it to bookers and then to an audience. One downside is that there are huge shoes to fill and EVERYONE will compare you to the original. It's lots of work.
Scott Peterson
Labrys
Labrys

:

Items

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand exactly where you are coming from and I didn't say what I did all that lightly; I comprehend what actually goes into doing a tribute band the right way.

There are also genre bands in the same vein, ie. 80's music, where you dress the part, play the part. They make money. Trust me, I have seriously pondered it.

I salute you for it. I've seen some Beatles tribute bands that were DAMN good; it's an artform for sure.

And as an aside, I've done the 'only originals' thing in the past... and played 3 set, 3 nighter weekends to staff and a single drunk. Well before Myspace. It ain't all that. (I've also been in cover bands, and backed up regional 'stars' and played to thousands on national stages at festivals). Hey, a gig's a gig. Tribute bands are a specific breed and there is a very deep responsibility to give the audience what they want. And you had better deliver it.

My Website
My MySpace Music Site
Tedge
Sumerian Axe
Sumerian Axe

:

Items

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott

I bet we've played most of the same venues back in the day.

New York New York, The Ritz, Jaggers in Waterford, Harpos,The crappy places in Hamtramck (Lili's I think). I used to be good buddies with the guys from Toby Redd, Beer on a Penguin (classic band name) and Caruso. The singer in my first decent band went to play fiddle for Rhythm Corps when they were (briefly) a big deal.

My brother is still a gigging cover band drummer around Detroit.

I've been in Denver for many years now so I doubt most of those places are still open.
solo-act
Indian Axe
Indian Axe

:

Items

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GREAT stuff Ted!
Remember that bar gig where you sat in with me at Federal and Hampden? ha ha ha. I think the Red Rocks/U2 is just a TAD nicer.
OH, I remember now.....I booked a solo act girl in there too. She told me no one listened to her except one guy who actually passed out sitting up. They duct taped him to the table in the middle of her set.

That video is a dream crowd & venue come true. Sure beats the "audience" being some passed out dude duct taped to a table!!! ROFL
Guitardojo

:

Items

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was frikin saaaweeet my friend.

Kudos.

Please use the Search Button before asking and
USE The WIKI for FAQ and More!!
got Patches?
Scott Peterson
Labrys
Labrys

:

Items

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tedge wrote:
Scott

New York New York, The Ritz, Jaggers in Waterford, Harpos,The crappy places in Hamtramck (Lili's I think). I used to be good buddies with the guys from Toby Redd, Beer on a Penguin (classic band name) and Caruso. The singer in my first decent band went to play fiddle for Rhythm Corps when they were (briefly) a big deal.

I've been in Denver for many years now so I doubt most of those places are still open.

Ha! Yes we have played a lot of the same places; though I did those clubs years ago and know most of those bands. Would that fiddle player be Jim Flynn? I've played in a band with him too. Small World!

My Website
My MySpace Music Site
Tedge
Sumerian Axe
Sumerian Axe

:

Items

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott Peterson wrote:
Tedge wrote:
Scott

Yep Jim is the guy. Last I heard he was selling cars for a Ford dealer in Dearborn and had an Irish Fiddle band type thing going.

Ha! Yes we have played a lot of the same places; though I did those clubs years ago and know most of those bands. Would that fiddle player be Jim Flynn? I've played in a band with him too. Small World!
Scott Peterson
Labrys
Labrys

:

Items

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim is in service at that dealership and playing keyboards/fiddle in a rock covers/Irish fiddle thing called "Superball" (or was). I played with them for a time a few times over the years. I hooked them up with my singer from a band I was very active with from 1999-2003; he joined them after that. Rehearsals were over at Jim's house in Allen Park. Small world indeed!

My Website
My MySpace Music Site
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Axe-FX Forum Index -> Axe-FX Recordings All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: