Ex-Church of Christ Support Group Forum IndexEx-Church of Christ Support Group
For former members of the Churches of Christ

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in            Calendar

NEWS:
FHU
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ex-Church of Christ Support Group Forum Index -> Church of Christ: Doctrine & Culture
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FHU_Exposed

:

Items

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:32 pm    Post subject: FHU Reply with quote

I don't know if any of you are familiar with this CoC college --

Me and a group of ex students have created a blog listing events that took place there with proof of money being removed from scholarships, racism, stalking students, sexual harassment and the list goes on and on.

I hope you guys can read some posts and contribute. We have a large FHU reading base and will be posting back to this forum for students who need support getting away from COC.

The URL:

http://www.fhuexposed.com
notsomuchafraid

:

Items

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

many of us went to fhu - that's something we've talked about a lot here.
i checked out your site - left a couple of comments. welcome to the board! Welcome

:

Items

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for posting.

FHU Exposed is a little hardcore but its only a reflection of what the authors experienced at FHU.
faithfulstruggling

:

Items

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Freed Hardeman University Reply with quote

FHU_Exposed wrote:
I don't know if any of you are familiar with Freed Hardeman University but this school is the biggest joke and scam I have ever witnessed.

Me and a group of ex students have created a blog listing events that took place there with proof of money being removed from scholarships, racism, stalking students, sexual harassment and the list goes on and on.

I believe you.
faithfulstruggling

:

Items

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just bought the book Sex Sins and Scandals of Freed Hardeman University, found it on amazon.com. I cannot wait to read it !!

Now, if only someone would write an expose of Harding University.
faithfulstruggling

:

Items

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also might add that the author of this book, Roy Charles, really has some guts to write and publish the book. It would not surprise me if someone (or group) in the C of C puts out a hit on him.
termo

:

Items

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My father went to FHU in the 40's--but later it was considered too liberal--so I had to go to Florida College.
FHU_Exposed

:

Items

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

faithfulstruggling wrote:
I also might add that the author of this book, Roy Charles, really has some guts to write and publish the book. It would not surprise me if someone (or group) in the C of C puts out a hit on him.

He sure does but I think Roy Charles is a pseudonym
faithfulstruggling

:

Items

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might be right. Roy Charles almost sounds like Ray Charles.
MrMister

:

Items

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I never heard of the book or the author (though I would guess it is not his name, which is not a surprise when FHU and cofc is involved). I read a couple of the free pages and admit that I was not surprised. Now I want to read the whole book since since the years the writer spent at FHU coincide with my own.
FHU_Exposed

:

Items

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrMister wrote:
Wow, I never heard of the book or the author (though I would guess it is not his name, which is not a surprise when FHU and cofc is involved). I read a couple of the free pages and admit that I was not surprised. Now I want to read the whole book since since the years the writer spent at FHU coincide with my own.

Did you read the free samples from?

http://fhuexposed.com/?p=398
GuitarHero

:

Items

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You ought to try publicly calling out the maintenance department sometime. I did. I was harrassed for years, and nothing in my dorm room ever got fixed after that.
faithfulstruggling

:

Items

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These types of colleges are not safe at all for students, because they cover up and lie about so many things. They are like the mafia. I am glad they are being exposed.
FHU_Exposed

:

Items

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

faithfulstruggling wrote:
These types of colleges are not safe at all for students, because they cover up and lie about so many things. They are like the mafia. I am glad they are being exposed.

They are like a mafia, I could not have put it better myself.
GuitarHero

:

Items

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a young man, I had very little choice about where to go to college. My parents told me flat out that the only way I could attend college away from home was if I went to a "Christian" school. (Meaning COC only.) They were of the belief that the only thing that went on at the dreaded "state schools" was wanton sex and drunken debauchery. (It couldn't possibly be that people went to college for any other reason, such as, say, preparing for a career or learning.) My parents didn't even want to hear about state schools with COC campus ministries. It was either commute to the closest state university--of which there wasn't one close by--or go to a COC school.

I was 17 at the time. Still a minor. Still unable to make a different choice.

But, as 17 year old boys are wont to be, I had a need to roam. I couldn't bear the thought of living at home with my parents during college. I needed to be out "on my own." I longed for it. So, I had to choose a Christian school.

And not just any COC school. My parents wouldn't have dreamed of sending me to Pepperdine or Lipscomb, because those were much too liberal. And somehow Harding wasn't on the table either. So I had to choose between Faulkner and FHU.

Hell, even that decision wasn't made by me. FHU gave me the better scholarship. So I really didn't have even that choice.

Having experience four years of FHU, I can honestly say that I will not be sending my children there. Ever.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ex-Church of Christ Support Group Forum Index -> Church of Christ: Doctrine & Culture All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9

Jump to: