Posted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:27 pm Post subject: HHS Solicitation for Cell-based Flu Vax Manufacturing Facili
Synopsis: Added: Aug 13, 2008 2:48 pm Modified: Aug 13, 2008 5:48 pmTrack Changes
The Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), Office of the Assistant Secretary for Preparedness and Response (ASPR), Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority (BARDA) requires the services of a contractor(s) to design, construct, validate and perform regulatory activities that will lead to FDA-licensure of new U.S.-based bulk influenza vaccine manufacturing facilities. The requirement will include pre-construction document development, land use and zoning licensure, construction, commissioning, validation and licensing of the facility, and the licensure, manufacture and release of a least one (1) lot of pandemic and/or pre-pandemic vaccine product.
The successful offeror(s) will have vaccine manufacturing facilities located in the U.S. or have partnerships with companies owning vaccine-manufacturing facilities in the U.S.
In addition, the successful offeror(s) will:
1) have unencumbered rights to an influenza vaccine manufacturing process that is scalable;
2) have completed a Phase I clinical trial for safety and immunogenicity of an influenza strain;
3) provide written evidence of a firm commitment to establish and maintain the necessary facilities in the U.S. to manufacture bulk and final container mammalian cell-based pandemic influenza virus vaccine with a manufacturing surge capacity of at least 150 million doses within six months;
4) provide a comprehensive development plan and timeline for U.S. licensure of a mammalian cell-based pandemic-like influenza vaccine; and
5) agree to enter into a cost-sharing contract (40% Government; 60% Contractor) with the USG.
The anticipated period of performance for this requirement is sixty (60) months. It also contains provisions for 20, 1-year option periods. In accordance with FAR 36.204, the estimated price for this requirement is more than $10,000,000. Multiple awards may be made as a result of this RFP. The anticipated date of award is on or about December 15, 2008.
The solicitation (RFP-HHS-BARDA-08-09) will be available electronically through FedBizOpps on or about August 28, 2008 with a proposal submission date of September 29, 2008. Any responsible offeror may submit a proposal that will be considered by the USG. Questions concerning this notice may be submitted in writing to Paquetta Myrick-Hancock, Contracting Officer, at Paquetta.Hancock@hhs.gov. Please include the RFP number and title of the requirement in the subject line of your email. No telephone calls or facsimile transmission requests for information will be accepted.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum